Lavery Library Staff Co-Publish Article
Micquel Little, Access Services Librarian, and Ben Hockenberry, Systems Librarian, co-wrote and published an article in the most recent issue of College & Undergraduate Libraries.
The article, entitled “How We Came to Dread Fridays: Developing an Academic Library Assessment Plan Two Hours at a Time,” was written after the Library developed a coordinated assessment plan during the summer of 2012. It discusses how the librarians reviewed ACRL Standards, identifying key outcomes that would link to the College’s strategic plan. Utilizing the unique synergy of the library staff, librarians committed to persistence, collaboration, and flexible teamwork.
According to the article, thanks to the librarians’ perseverance, they originated an assessment strategy that has not only aligned them with the College, but has also positioned them to demonstrate the value they provide to their community.
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher to Host 2016 NCAA Men's Golf Championship
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Named Top Job; Fisher Program Strong and Growing
- Irish Studies Program Hosts Galway Reception
- 2013 Day of Celebration Honors Egyptian Culture
- Breakfast at Fisher with Santa
- College Debuts New TV Commercials
- Rice Elected to American Studies Association Committee
- Faculty Recognized for Grants
- 2013 Day of Celebration Set for Saturday, December 7
- Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
- Student Entrepreneurs Mean Business
- Service-Learning and Science Collide in East Rochester Schools
- Fisher Alumni, Adjunct Recognized in Forty Under 40
- Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
- Box Town Raises Awareness Amidst Cold Temperatures