Lavery Library Staff Co-Publish Article
Micquel Little, Access Services Librarian, and Ben Hockenberry, Systems Librarian, co-wrote and published an article in the most recent issue of College & Undergraduate Libraries.
The article, entitled “How We Came to Dread Fridays: Developing an Academic Library Assessment Plan Two Hours at a Time,” was written after the Library developed a coordinated assessment plan during the summer of 2012. It discusses how the librarians reviewed ACRL Standards, identifying key outcomes that would link to the College’s strategic plan. Utilizing the unique synergy of the library staff, librarians committed to persistence, collaboration, and flexible teamwork.
According to the article, thanks to the librarians’ perseverance, they originated an assessment strategy that has not only aligned them with the College, but has also positioned them to demonstrate the value they provide to their community.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference