Lavery Library Staff Co-Publish Article
Micquel Little, Access Services Librarian, and Ben Hockenberry, Systems Librarian, co-wrote and published an article in the most recent issue of College & Undergraduate Libraries.
The article, entitled “How We Came to Dread Fridays: Developing an Academic Library Assessment Plan Two Hours at a Time,” was written after the Library developed a coordinated assessment plan during the summer of 2012. It discusses how the librarians reviewed ACRL Standards, identifying key outcomes that would link to the College’s strategic plan. Utilizing the unique synergy of the library staff, librarians committed to persistence, collaboration, and flexible teamwork.
According to the article, thanks to the librarians’ perseverance, they originated an assessment strategy that has not only aligned them with the College, but has also positioned them to demonstrate the value they provide to their community.
Latest College News Stories
- Swigart Posthumously Honored at Rochester Pharmacy Gala
- 2015 Lobene Lecture to Feature Best-Selling Author Dr. Sherry Turkle March 23
- President and Mrs. Bain Inducted into Camp Good Days’ Ring of Honor
- Madigan Receives Summer Fellowship in Ireland
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company