Lavery Library Staff Co-Publish Article
Micquel Little, Access Services Librarian, and Ben Hockenberry, Systems Librarian, co-wrote and published an article in the most recent issue of College & Undergraduate Libraries.
The article, entitled “How We Came to Dread Fridays: Developing an Academic Library Assessment Plan Two Hours at a Time,” was written after the Library developed a coordinated assessment plan during the summer of 2012. It discusses how the librarians reviewed ACRL Standards, identifying key outcomes that would link to the College’s strategic plan. Utilizing the unique synergy of the library staff, librarians committed to persistence, collaboration, and flexible teamwork.
According to the article, thanks to the librarians’ perseverance, they originated an assessment strategy that has not only aligned them with the College, but has also positioned them to demonstrate the value they provide to their community.
Latest College News Stories
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students