Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
Three Honorary Coaches and three Honorary Cheerleaders—who also happen to be campers at Camp Good Days and Special Times—were introduced during the annual pre-game Courage Bowl luncheon, held on the St. John Fisher College campus on November 13.
The luncheon was attended by players and coaches from the Fisher Cardinals and the Alfred University Saxons football teams, elected officials, and Camp Good Days and Special Times staff and supporters. This Saturday, November 16, the Cardinals and Saxons will go head-to-head at 1:00 p.m. at Growney Stadium. This will be the first Courage Bowl for Alfred University, and the Cardinals have won every Courage Bowl game since it began.
The honorary coaches for the Cardinals are: Anders Swanson, Ben Hammond, and Joseph Mayer. On Saturday, the coaches will be in the locker room with the team, lead them on to the field, be at mid-field for the coin toss, and coach from the sidelines during the game. Fisher’s honorary cheerleaders are: Lauren Miller, Kayla Tiedeman, and Sydney Kreschenko. They will meet their squad at Growney Stadium Saturday morning to prepare and cheer from the sidelines during the game. All six have been battling cancer.
In addition, Mayor Tom Richards, Monroe County Executive Maggie Brooks, and Pittsford Town Supervisor Sandra Zutes proclaimed this week “Courage Bowl Week” in the City of Rochester, Monroe County, and the Town of Pittsford.
Courage Bowl general admission student tickets are available for a donation of $5.00 each, and general admission adult tickets are $7.00 each. Tickets are available through the St. John Fisher College Athletics Department by calling (585) 385-8309. Proceeds from the annual event will benefit the children and families at Camp Good Days.
Athletics Director Bob Ward makes remarks.
Players meet one of their honorary coaches, Anders Swanson.
Coaches and players with their honorary coaches and cheerleaders.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students