Fisher Recognized by Forbes
St. John Fisher College has been cited on the sixth annual list of America’s Top Colleges published by Forbes.com. Of the approximately 3,000 accredited colleges and universities in the United States, this report ranks 650 undergraduate institutions based on the quality of the education they provide and how much their students achieve.
Fisher was ranked number 474 out of the 650. Of those 650 schools, 56 are in New York State. The only other Rochester area schools included on this list are the University of Rochester (61), Hobart and William Smith Colleges (108), SUNY Geneseo (250), and Rochester Institute of Technology (349). Fisher also ranked in several other Forbes Top Colleges sub-lists, including Best Private Colleges (ranked 319); Best Research Universities (ranked 189), and Best Colleges in the Northeast (ranked 159).
The rankings are compiled by the Center for College Affordability & Productivity (CCAP). The CCAP and Forbes use five general categories to rank each school, including student satisfaction, post-graduate success, student debt, four-year graduation rate, and academic success.
“As we prepare for the academic year ahead, we are so pleased to receive this prestigious recognition from Forbes.com once again,” said Dr. Donald E. Bain, President of the College. “This achievement is the result of the hard work and dedication of the entire campus community. Our faculty and staff are committed to providing a student-centered educational environment that will prepare our students to build lives, create careers, and serve the community.”
Latest College News Stories
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized During Appreciation Reception
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Mary Ellen Milne Awards Recognize Exceptional Student Employees
- Symposium Remembers Marshall McLuhan
- Fisher Honors Rochester Radio Icon during Room Dedication
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 61st Commencement; Rudolph Giuliani to Serve as Keynote Speaker
- Education, Chemistry Professors Publish Article for Educational Research International
- Deacon Jewell Pens Article for United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Fisher Student-Athletes Participate in the 5th Annual Giant Read
- Statistics Student Will Attend Summer Institute in Biostatistics
- Motivational Speaker Joe Erhmann Addresses Fisher Student-Athletes
- Fisher Senior Earns Fulbright to Turkey
- Workshop Connects Rochester Cultural Organizations to Grant Resources