Foreign Language Honor Society Holds 43rd Induction Ceremony
The St. John Fisher College Eta Chi chapter of Alpha Mu Gamma, the national foreign language honor society, held its 43rd annual induction ceremony on Thursday, April 10.
This year, the chapter inducted 11 new full members and one honorary member in recognition of the distinction attained in the study of French, Italian, and Spanish. Laura Krebs, a Spanish teacher at Penfield High School, was a guest speaker at the ceremony and talked about the importance of learning foreign languages. Krebs, a native of Rochester, has taught English in Spanish High Schools in Zaragoza, Spain and completed a Master’s Degree in Education in Multicultural Contexts from the University of Zaragoza, Spain.
The new inductees, their guests, and faculty members of the Modern Languages and Cultures Department attended the ceremony, which was conducted by the chapter officers Erin Carey (President) and Emily Smith (Secretary).
The purpose of Alpha Mu Gamma is to recognize achievement in any language and bring the students of the various languages together into a cosmopolitan, cohesive, and stable organization. In order to join the society, students must have received two final course grades of A in two college level courses of the same foreign language and must have a minimal GPA of 3.0.
Latest College News Stories
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Five School of Education Faculty Present in D.C.
- College Receives Prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Wegmans School of Pharmacy Founding Dean, Dr. Scott Swigart
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance