Foreign Language Honor Society Holds 43rd Induction Ceremony
The St. John Fisher College Eta Chi chapter of Alpha Mu Gamma, the national foreign language honor society, held its 43rd annual induction ceremony on Thursday, April 10.
This year, the chapter inducted 11 new full members and one honorary member in recognition of the distinction attained in the study of French, Italian, and Spanish. Laura Krebs, a Spanish teacher at Penfield High School, was a guest speaker at the ceremony and talked about the importance of learning foreign languages. Krebs, a native of Rochester, has taught English in Spanish High Schools in Zaragoza, Spain and completed a Master’s Degree in Education in Multicultural Contexts from the University of Zaragoza, Spain.
The new inductees, their guests, and faculty members of the Modern Languages and Cultures Department attended the ceremony, which was conducted by the chapter officers Erin Carey (President) and Emily Smith (Secretary).
The purpose of Alpha Mu Gamma is to recognize achievement in any language and bring the students of the various languages together into a cosmopolitan, cohesive, and stable organization. In order to join the society, students must have received two final course grades of A in two college level courses of the same foreign language and must have a minimal GPA of 3.0.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes