Foreign Language Honor Society Holds 43rd Induction Ceremony
The St. John Fisher College Eta Chi chapter of Alpha Mu Gamma, the national foreign language honor society, held its 43rd annual induction ceremony on Thursday, April 10.
This year, the chapter inducted 11 new full members and one honorary member in recognition of the distinction attained in the study of French, Italian, and Spanish. Laura Krebs, a Spanish teacher at Penfield High School, was a guest speaker at the ceremony and talked about the importance of learning foreign languages. Krebs, a native of Rochester, has taught English in Spanish High Schools in Zaragoza, Spain and completed a Master’s Degree in Education in Multicultural Contexts from the University of Zaragoza, Spain.
The new inductees, their guests, and faculty members of the Modern Languages and Cultures Department attended the ceremony, which was conducted by the chapter officers Erin Carey (President) and Emily Smith (Secretary).
The purpose of Alpha Mu Gamma is to recognize achievement in any language and bring the students of the various languages together into a cosmopolitan, cohesive, and stable organization. In order to join the society, students must have received two final course grades of A in two college level courses of the same foreign language and must have a minimal GPA of 3.0.
Latest College News Stories
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation
- Markwick Chosen for AANP Future Leaders Program
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher