Foreign Language Honor Society Holds 43rd Induction Ceremony
The St. John Fisher College Eta Chi chapter of Alpha Mu Gamma, the national foreign language honor society, held its 43rd annual induction ceremony on Thursday, April 10.
This year, the chapter inducted 11 new full members and one honorary member in recognition of the distinction attained in the study of French, Italian, and Spanish. Laura Krebs, a Spanish teacher at Penfield High School, was a guest speaker at the ceremony and talked about the importance of learning foreign languages. Krebs, a native of Rochester, has taught English in Spanish High Schools in Zaragoza, Spain and completed a Master’s Degree in Education in Multicultural Contexts from the University of Zaragoza, Spain.
The new inductees, their guests, and faculty members of the Modern Languages and Cultures Department attended the ceremony, which was conducted by the chapter officers Erin Carey (President) and Emily Smith (Secretary).
The purpose of Alpha Mu Gamma is to recognize achievement in any language and bring the students of the various languages together into a cosmopolitan, cohesive, and stable organization. In order to join the society, students must have received two final course grades of A in two college level courses of the same foreign language and must have a minimal GPA of 3.0.
Latest College News Stories
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company
- 33rd Annual Teddi Dance Reveals Packed 24-Hour Schedule
- Health & Wellness Center to Recognize National Eating Disorders Awareness Week
- Young Camper to be Remembered at Teddi Dance
- Teddi Committee Hosts “Very Beary Brunch”