Sport Management Students Front and Center at PGA
Golf is in the air in Rochester, thanks to the PGA Tournament. And a total of 26 Sport Management students are getting a front-row seat and behind-the-scenes look at the tournament and the pros.
Seven students are on the payroll serving as PGA interns. Cory Law and Chris Roeder are working in Merchandise Operations. Laura Fein, Aaron Kneeland, and Zach Frost are Corporate Hospitality Interns. Kathy Damato is working in the Consumer Marketing Department. And Danae Donatello is working at the PGA headquarters as an Administrative Assistant.
“This experience is one I will remember for the rest of my life,” said Donatello. “Watching the ‘PGA City’ being built at Oak Hill Country Club has been incredible. When I started, Oak Hill was just another beautiful golf course. Over the course of one month, the construction of the mini-city began. I still cannot believe I am part of such a large organization.”
She even got close to Tiger Woods one day after he played the 18th hole.
Another 19 students are volunteering for the Consumer Marketing Department at the “PGA Play, Scan, Win” program, which spectators see right inside the main entrance.
Volunteers include Matthew Butler, Joshua Caccamise, Matt Cahill, Joseph Catalfano, Shelby Christensen, Mike Donofrio, Justice Hoyt, Brandon Jason, Erich Kaempffee, Connor King, Matt Lander, Nathaniel Ligon, Connor Morris, Kayci Nucci, DJ Sanzotta, Jack Smith, Clayton Stanley, Carly Szydlowki, and Emily Young.
The PGA is taking place in Rochester August 5-11.
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students