Sport Management Students Front and Center at PGA
Golf is in the air in Rochester, thanks to the PGA Tournament. And a total of 26 Sport Management students are getting a front-row seat and behind-the-scenes look at the tournament and the pros.
Seven students are on the payroll serving as PGA interns. Cory Law and Chris Roeder are working in Merchandise Operations. Laura Fein, Aaron Kneeland, and Zach Frost are Corporate Hospitality Interns. Kathy Damato is working in the Consumer Marketing Department. And Danae Donatello is working at the PGA headquarters as an Administrative Assistant.
“This experience is one I will remember for the rest of my life,” said Donatello. “Watching the ‘PGA City’ being built at Oak Hill Country Club has been incredible. When I started, Oak Hill was just another beautiful golf course. Over the course of one month, the construction of the mini-city began. I still cannot believe I am part of such a large organization.”
She even got close to Tiger Woods one day after he played the 18th hole.
Another 19 students are volunteering for the Consumer Marketing Department at the “PGA Play, Scan, Win” program, which spectators see right inside the main entrance.
Volunteers include Matthew Butler, Joshua Caccamise, Matt Cahill, Joseph Catalfano, Shelby Christensen, Mike Donofrio, Justice Hoyt, Brandon Jason, Erich Kaempffee, Connor King, Matt Lander, Nathaniel Ligon, Connor Morris, Kayci Nucci, DJ Sanzotta, Jack Smith, Clayton Stanley, Carly Szydlowki, and Emily Young.
The PGA is taking place in Rochester August 5-11.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference
- School of Ed Alum Receives Transformational Leader Award from Nursing Organization
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Three at School of Education Complete Crisis Intervention Certification Program