Sport Management Students Front and Center at PGA
Golf is in the air in Rochester, thanks to the PGA Tournament. And a total of 26 Sport Management students are getting a front-row seat and behind-the-scenes look at the tournament and the pros.
Seven students are on the payroll serving as PGA interns. Cory Law and Chris Roeder are working in Merchandise Operations. Laura Fein, Aaron Kneeland, and Zach Frost are Corporate Hospitality Interns. Kathy Damato is working in the Consumer Marketing Department. And Danae Donatello is working at the PGA headquarters as an Administrative Assistant.
“This experience is one I will remember for the rest of my life,” said Donatello. “Watching the ‘PGA City’ being built at Oak Hill Country Club has been incredible. When I started, Oak Hill was just another beautiful golf course. Over the course of one month, the construction of the mini-city began. I still cannot believe I am part of such a large organization.”
She even got close to Tiger Woods one day after he played the 18th hole.
Another 19 students are volunteering for the Consumer Marketing Department at the “PGA Play, Scan, Win” program, which spectators see right inside the main entrance.
Volunteers include Matthew Butler, Joshua Caccamise, Matt Cahill, Joseph Catalfano, Shelby Christensen, Mike Donofrio, Justice Hoyt, Brandon Jason, Erich Kaempffee, Connor King, Matt Lander, Nathaniel Ligon, Connor Morris, Kayci Nucci, DJ Sanzotta, Jack Smith, Clayton Stanley, Carly Szydlowki, and Emily Young.
The PGA is taking place in Rochester August 5-11.
Latest College News Stories
- “The Whole Patient” Panel Coming February 9
- Salerno Visits Graduate Class
- O'Connor Ermi Surpasses 100 Career Wins
- Education Students Benefit from Partnership with Greece School District
- Fisher Ranks 6th for Best College Campus in New York State
- Recent Biology Graduates to Publish Work
- Green Speaks at Joint Mathematics Meetings
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Bowman Publishes “Narratives of Cyprus”
- Countdown to Commencement: Brendan Hughes
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture