Countdown to Commencement: Ashleigh Picarro
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Ashleigh Picarro, a Communication/ Journalism major with a minor in Sociology. She was nominated by Professor Kyle Reinson from the Communication/Journalism Department.
Picarro transferred to Fisher in the fall of 2011 and is a great example of a hard-working, driven student. Last semester, she was an intern at the Pluta Cancer Center in the Development and Marketing Department. An exceptional student, Picarro made the Dean’s List during her last semester while juggling two jobs to support her education. She also graduated in December, but will walk across the stage with her class this May.
Reinson recognizes the different paths and opportunities that students at Fisher take advantage of, and was impressed by Picarro’s commitment to making the most out of her education.
“When I see students committed to their own future, it reinforces why I decided to teach at Fisher. I wanted to do good work for good people. The good people at Fisher, like Ashleigh, are what make it worth coming to work,” he said.
According to Reinson, Piccaro always brought her best to each class, which earned the respect of her peers.
“A professor alone cannot make a class engaging and create challenging learning environments. Ashleigh is the type of engaged and connected student who keeps in constant contact between class sessions,” said Reinson.
Meet this week’s senior, Ashleigh Picarro! Best of luck to you!
Latest College News Stories
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Nelson-Tuttle, Schultz Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rice Recognized for Lecture