Countdown to Commencement: Ashleigh Picarro
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Ashleigh Picarro, a Communication/ Journalism major with a minor in Sociology. She was nominated by Professor Kyle Reinson from the Communication/Journalism Department.
Picarro transferred to Fisher in the fall of 2011 and is a great example of a hard-working, driven student. Last semester, she was an intern at the Pluta Cancer Center in the Development and Marketing Department. An exceptional student, Picarro made the Dean’s List during her last semester while juggling two jobs to support her education. She also graduated in December, but will walk across the stage with her class this May.
Reinson recognizes the different paths and opportunities that students at Fisher take advantage of, and was impressed by Picarro’s commitment to making the most out of her education.
“When I see students committed to their own future, it reinforces why I decided to teach at Fisher. I wanted to do good work for good people. The good people at Fisher, like Ashleigh, are what make it worth coming to work,” he said.
According to Reinson, Piccaro always brought her best to each class, which earned the respect of her peers.
“A professor alone cannot make a class engaging and create challenging learning environments. Ashleigh is the type of engaged and connected student who keeps in constant contact between class sessions,” said Reinson.
Meet this week’s senior, Ashleigh Picarro! Best of luck to you!
Latest College News Stories
- Lynd-Balta Named Assistant Provost
- Math Students Inducted into Pi Mu Epsilon New York Chapter
- Adjunct Faculty Honored
- Foreign Language Honor Society Holds 43rd Induction Ceremony
- PRIMA’s Inaugural “Gilda’s Cup” Raises $3,500 for Gilda’s Club of Rochester
- Marketing Club Takes on New Orleans, Wins Awards at International Conference
- Student Employees of the Year Recognized
- Countdown to Commencement – Nicholas Francisco
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff