Countdown to Commencement: Ashleigh Picarro
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Ashleigh Picarro, a Communication/ Journalism major with a minor in Sociology. She was nominated by Professor Kyle Reinson from the Communication/Journalism Department.
Picarro transferred to Fisher in the fall of 2011 and is a great example of a hard-working, driven student. Last semester, she was an intern at the Pluta Cancer Center in the Development and Marketing Department. An exceptional student, Picarro made the Dean’s List during her last semester while juggling two jobs to support her education. She also graduated in December, but will walk across the stage with her class this May.
Reinson recognizes the different paths and opportunities that students at Fisher take advantage of, and was impressed by Picarro’s commitment to making the most out of her education.
“When I see students committed to their own future, it reinforces why I decided to teach at Fisher. I wanted to do good work for good people. The good people at Fisher, like Ashleigh, are what make it worth coming to work,” he said.
According to Reinson, Piccaro always brought her best to each class, which earned the respect of her peers.
“A professor alone cannot make a class engaging and create challenging learning environments. Ashleigh is the type of engaged and connected student who keeps in constant contact between class sessions,” said Reinson.
Meet this week’s senior, Ashleigh Picarro! Best of luck to you!
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference