Countdown to Commencement-John Eaves
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features John Eaves, a Political Science and Corporate Finance double major. He was nominated by Patricia Wollan, Assistant Professor of Finance and Accounting.
From day one, Eaves has immersed himself in all aspects of Fisher. He started off his time here as the freshman and sophomore class treasurer. Through this role, he was able to serve on the Student Government Association (SGA) Finance Committee. He continued his work on the Finance Committee during his junior year, and now serves as the Vice President of Financial Affairs for SGA and Co-Chair of the Finance Committee. As Vice President of Financial Affairs, Eaves plans and facilitates the allocation of the student activities fees to over 70 clubs and organizations. Aside from his experience with SGA, he has also served as a finance tutor in his junior and senior year.
“I will remember John’s poise, his ready smile and his curious nature,” said Wollan. “John has reinforced my belief that it is always worth trying new techniques. When he gave a presentation in one of my classes, he asked if he could use a new web-based presentation tool rather than PowerPoint. He inspired me to look into alternative approaches for delivering material.”
Meet this week’s featured senior, John Eaves!
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes