Countdown to Commencement-John Eaves
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features John Eaves, a Political Science and Corporate Finance double major. He was nominated by Patricia Wollan, Assistant Professor of Finance and Accounting.
From day one, Eaves has immersed himself in all aspects of Fisher. He started off his time here as the freshman and sophomore class treasurer. Through this role, he was able to serve on the Student Government Association (SGA) Finance Committee. He continued his work on the Finance Committee during his junior year, and now serves as the Vice President of Financial Affairs for SGA and Co-Chair of the Finance Committee. As Vice President of Financial Affairs, Eaves plans and facilitates the allocation of the student activities fees to over 70 clubs and organizations. Aside from his experience with SGA, he has also served as a finance tutor in his junior and senior year.
“I will remember John’s poise, his ready smile and his curious nature,” said Wollan. “John has reinforced my belief that it is always worth trying new techniques. When he gave a presentation in one of my classes, he asked if he could use a new web-based presentation tool rather than PowerPoint. He inspired me to look into alternative approaches for delivering material.”
Meet this week’s featured senior, John Eaves!
Latest College News Stories
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
- Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International