Countdown to Commencement-John Eaves
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features John Eaves, a Political Science and Corporate Finance double major. He was nominated by Patricia Wollan, Assistant Professor of Finance and Accounting.
From day one, Eaves has immersed himself in all aspects of Fisher. He started off his time here as the freshman and sophomore class treasurer. Through this role, he was able to serve on the Student Government Association (SGA) Finance Committee. He continued his work on the Finance Committee during his junior year, and now serves as the Vice President of Financial Affairs for SGA and Co-Chair of the Finance Committee. As Vice President of Financial Affairs, Eaves plans and facilitates the allocation of the student activities fees to over 70 clubs and organizations. Aside from his experience with SGA, he has also served as a finance tutor in his junior and senior year.
“I will remember John’s poise, his ready smile and his curious nature,” said Wollan. “John has reinforced my belief that it is always worth trying new techniques. When he gave a presentation in one of my classes, he asked if he could use a new web-based presentation tool rather than PowerPoint. He inspired me to look into alternative approaches for delivering material.”
Meet this week’s featured senior, John Eaves!
Latest College News Stories
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized during Reception