Countdown to Commencement-John Eaves
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features John Eaves, a Political Science and Corporate Finance double major. He was nominated by Patricia Wollan, Assistant Professor of Finance and Accounting.
From day one, Eaves has immersed himself in all aspects of Fisher. He started off his time here as the freshman and sophomore class treasurer. Through this role, he was able to serve on the Student Government Association (SGA) Finance Committee. He continued his work on the Finance Committee during his junior year, and now serves as the Vice President of Financial Affairs for SGA and Co-Chair of the Finance Committee. As Vice President of Financial Affairs, Eaves plans and facilitates the allocation of the student activities fees to over 70 clubs and organizations. Aside from his experience with SGA, he has also served as a finance tutor in his junior and senior year.
“I will remember John’s poise, his ready smile and his curious nature,” said Wollan. “John has reinforced my belief that it is always worth trying new techniques. When he gave a presentation in one of my classes, he asked if he could use a new web-based presentation tool rather than PowerPoint. He inspired me to look into alternative approaches for delivering material.”
Meet this week’s featured senior, John Eaves!
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors
- Employees Recognized for Milestone Service Years
- Women’s Basketball Team Hosts Toy Drive during Crosstown Basketball Tournament
- College to Host 17th Annual Day of Celebration
- National Conference Offers Fisher Students Chance to Network with PR Pros
- Business Students Find Success at BGS Summit
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy, Senator Rich Funke, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Launch Safe Medication Disposal Campaign
- For Fifth Consecutive Year, Students Take First in Regional Tax Competition