Fisher Says Farewell to the Class of 2014
St. John Fisher College held its 60th Commencement Saturday, graduating over 1,300 students during two ceremonies that took place at the Blue Cross Arena in downtown Rochester.
The keynote speaker at the morning ceremony was Emmy Award-winning journalist Catherine Crier. The College also bestowed an Honorary Degree of Doctor of Laws upon Crier during the ceremony.
Dr. David Pate, Dean of the College’s School of Arts and Sciences, served as the afternoon ceremony keynote speaker.
Dr. Donald Bain, President, presented the President’s Medal for Service to the Rochester Community to Susan R. Holliday, President and Publisher, Rochester Business Journal; and the President’s Medal for Service to St. John Fisher College and the Rochester Community to Frank B. Iacovangelo, Esq. ’62, Founder and Senior Partner of Gallo and Iacovangelo, LLC. During the afternoon ceremony, he presented Senator Joseph E. Robach and Rev. Leo A. Hetzler, CSB, with the President’s Medal for Service to St. John Fisher College and the Rochester Community.
Latest College News Stories
- Souza Presents Workshop at International Conference in Italy
- Investment Club Visits Paychex
- Lecture Being Held by Author Chris Lowney
- McKinzie Presents at Mathematical Association Fall Meeting
- Birnie Presents in Bangkok, Thailand
- SWAV Trip Kanatsiohareke Mohawk Community Includes Service, Culture
- College Recognizes 67 Employees for Years of Service
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference
- Maples Appointed to National Award Committee
- Fisher Hosts 4A’s Agency Conference
- Culinary Creations for a Cause
- Students "Smash the Scale" On National Love Your Body Day