Fisher Says Farewell to the Class of 2014
St. John Fisher College held its 60th Commencement Saturday, graduating over 1,300 students during two ceremonies that took place at the Blue Cross Arena in downtown Rochester.
The keynote speaker at the morning ceremony was Emmy Award-winning journalist Catherine Crier. The College also bestowed an Honorary Degree of Doctor of Laws upon Crier during the ceremony.
Dr. David Pate, Dean of the College’s School of Arts and Sciences, served as the afternoon ceremony keynote speaker.
Dr. Donald Bain, President, presented the President’s Medal for Service to the Rochester Community to Susan R. Holliday, President and Publisher, Rochester Business Journal; and the President’s Medal for Service to St. John Fisher College and the Rochester Community to Frank B. Iacovangelo, Esq. ’62, Founder and Senior Partner of Gallo and Iacovangelo, LLC. During the afternoon ceremony, he presented Senator Joseph E. Robach and Rev. Leo A. Hetzler, CSB, with the President’s Medal for Service to St. John Fisher College and the Rochester Community.
Latest College News Stories
- Digital Cultures Student Show Opening Reception March 12
- Lavery Library Host to “The Irish and the American Civil War” Exhibit, Opening Ceremony March 15
- Swigart Posthumously Honored at Rochester Pharmacy Gala
- 2015 Lobene Lecture to Feature Best-Selling Author Dr. Sherry Turkle March 23
- President and Mrs. Bain Inducted into Camp Good Days’ Ring of Honor
- Madigan Receives Summer Fellowship in Ireland
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany