Fisher Says Farewell to the Class of 2014
St. John Fisher College held its 60th Commencement Saturday, graduating over 1,300 students during two ceremonies that took place at the Blue Cross Arena in downtown Rochester.
The keynote speaker at the morning ceremony was Emmy Award-winning journalist Catherine Crier. The College also bestowed an Honorary Degree of Doctor of Laws upon Crier during the ceremony.
Dr. David Pate, Dean of the College’s School of Arts and Sciences, served as the afternoon ceremony keynote speaker.
Dr. Donald Bain, President, presented the President’s Medal for Service to the Rochester Community to Susan R. Holliday, President and Publisher, Rochester Business Journal; and the President’s Medal for Service to St. John Fisher College and the Rochester Community to Frank B. Iacovangelo, Esq. ’62, Founder and Senior Partner of Gallo and Iacovangelo, LLC. During the afternoon ceremony, he presented Senator Joseph E. Robach and Rev. Leo A. Hetzler, CSB, with the President’s Medal for Service to St. John Fisher College and the Rochester Community.
Latest College News Stories
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015