Fisher Says Farewell to the Class of 2014
St. John Fisher College held its 60th Commencement Saturday, graduating over 1,300 students during two ceremonies that took place at the Blue Cross Arena in downtown Rochester.
The keynote speaker at the morning ceremony was Emmy Award-winning journalist Catherine Crier. The College also bestowed an Honorary Degree of Doctor of Laws upon Crier during the ceremony.
Dr. David Pate, Dean of the College’s School of Arts and Sciences, served as the afternoon ceremony keynote speaker.
Dr. Donald Bain, President, presented the President’s Medal for Service to the Rochester Community to Susan R. Holliday, President and Publisher, Rochester Business Journal; and the President’s Medal for Service to St. John Fisher College and the Rochester Community to Frank B. Iacovangelo, Esq. ’62, Founder and Senior Partner of Gallo and Iacovangelo, LLC. During the afternoon ceremony, he presented Senator Joseph E. Robach and Rev. Leo A. Hetzler, CSB, with the President’s Medal for Service to St. John Fisher College and the Rochester Community.
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day
- Fisher’s Youth Year Fellows on a Mission to Promote Literacy
- Fisher Junior Nets 1,000 Points in Basketball Career
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- Karim Publishes Paper in International Physics Journal
- Walgreens Representative Presents Check for Diversity Scholarship