Fisher Says Farewell to the Class of 2014
St. John Fisher College held its 60th Commencement Saturday, graduating over 1,300 students during two ceremonies that took place at the Blue Cross Arena in downtown Rochester.
The keynote speaker at the morning ceremony was Emmy Award-winning journalist Catherine Crier. The College also bestowed an Honorary Degree of Doctor of Laws upon Crier during the ceremony.
Dr. David Pate, Dean of the College’s School of Arts and Sciences, served as the afternoon ceremony keynote speaker.
Dr. Donald Bain, President, presented the President’s Medal for Service to the Rochester Community to Susan R. Holliday, President and Publisher, Rochester Business Journal; and the President’s Medal for Service to St. John Fisher College and the Rochester Community to Frank B. Iacovangelo, Esq. ’62, Founder and Senior Partner of Gallo and Iacovangelo, LLC. During the afternoon ceremony, he presented Senator Joseph E. Robach and Rev. Leo A. Hetzler, CSB, with the President’s Medal for Service to St. John Fisher College and the Rochester Community.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Accounting Professor Selected for Third Fulbright
- Lavery Librarians Win Audience Award at Fast Pitch Competition
- Share Your Family Recipes with the Fisher Cookbook
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Grant to Fund New Training Program
- Fall Athletes Achieve Historic Seasons for Fisher
- Stress Free Week Activities Help Ease Finals Frenzy
- Grant Gives Media Arts Lab an Interactive Makeover
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors