Senior Wins Poetry Competition
Senior English major Tony Gill tied for first place in his category at the Nazareth College 6th annual Poetry Competition, Writing for Peace and Justice: “The Quest for Freedom.”
The contest took place on March 27 and featured 100 students from local high schools and colleges in Rochester. Students had to perform original poetry or read poems on the topic of peace and liberty in front of a panel of 24 judges and a planning committee of 13 Nazareth College students.
Gill interpreted a song and accompanied himself on the guitar by Georges Brassens entitled “Le Frossoyer” (“The Gravedigger”).
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Storms Back To Win Courage Bowl XII
- Luncheon Celebrates Courage Bowl Honorary Coaches, Cheerleaders
- Service Trips a Passion for School of Pharmacy
- Service Saturdays Help Students Give Where They Live
- C-SPAN Bus Brings Election Season to Life
- Students Focus on Strengths during Semester’s First Women’s Leadership Series Event
- Microfluidics: A Collaboration between the Chemistry and Biology Departments
- 2010 Grad Named Assistant Coach for NBA Development League Team