Senior Wins Poetry Competition
Senior English major Tony Gill tied for first place in his category at the Nazareth College 6th annual Poetry Competition, Writing for Peace and Justice: “The Quest for Freedom.”
The contest took place on March 27 and featured 100 students from local high schools and colleges in Rochester. Students had to perform original poetry or read poems on the topic of peace and liberty in front of a panel of 24 judges and a planning committee of 13 Nazareth College students.
Gill interpreted a song and accompanied himself on the guitar by Georges Brassens entitled “Le Frossoyer” (“The Gravedigger”).
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- What to Expect at Orientation 2016
- Advice Straight from the Orientation Team
- New Greater Amsterdam School District Superintendent an Ed.D. Grad
- Bills Selected to Attend Workshop on Medicinal Chemistry
- Fisher Launches New TV Campaign
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend