Senior Wins Poetry Competition
Senior English major Tony Gill tied for first place in his category at the Nazareth College 6th annual Poetry Competition, Writing for Peace and Justice: “The Quest for Freedom.”
The contest took place on March 27 and featured 100 students from local high schools and colleges in Rochester. Students had to perform original poetry or read poems on the topic of peace and liberty in front of a panel of 24 judges and a planning committee of 13 Nazareth College students.
Gill interpreted a song and accompanied himself on the guitar by Georges Brassens entitled “Le Frossoyer” (“The Gravedigger”).
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Beyond the Shore: Fisher Alumnus Breaks U.S. Transatlantic Rowing Record
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- Fisher Hosts National Computers and Writing Conference
- Rice’s Book Earns Philippine Book Award Nomination
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Ed.D. Candidate Appointed Dean of Admissions at Morrisville State College
- Community Literacy Center Receives Grant Support
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine