Senior Wins Poetry Competition
Senior English major Tony Gill tied for first place in his category at the Nazareth College 6th annual Poetry Competition, Writing for Peace and Justice: “The Quest for Freedom.”
The contest took place on March 27 and featured 100 students from local high schools and colleges in Rochester. Students had to perform original poetry or read poems on the topic of peace and liberty in front of a panel of 24 judges and a planning committee of 13 Nazareth College students.
Gill interpreted a song and accompanied himself on the guitar by Georges Brassens entitled “Le Frossoyer” (“The Gravedigger”).
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Professor’s Study Says Brands on Snapchat Need to be Relatable, Feel-Good
- The Buffalo Girl: How the heart of a Fisher graduate shaped the heart of “Four Falls of Buffalo”
- Pharmacy Professor Fosters Research Partnership with Indian University
- Women’s Leadership Series Event Focuses on Strengths-Based Development
- Fisher Receives $410,000 Higher Ed Capital Funding for Science Building
- Freshmen, Seniors Asked to Participate in Student Engagement Survey
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day