Mammano to be Honored as Citizen of the Year
Dr. Karyl Mammano, former Professor of Accounting and Director of Nonprofit Management for the Center of Community Engagement at St. John Fisher College, will be honored posthumously as the Irondequoit Chamber of Commerce 2013 Citizen of the Year. Mammano passed away in late September after a brief illness. She will be honored at the chamber’s holiday dinner and annual awards on December 7.
The Citizen of the Year honor was developed by the chamber’s Business of the Month committee, which saw the need to honor contributions of individual residents. The chamber received nine letters of nomination for Mammano, all of which detailed her tireless service to community organizations in Irondequoit and throughout the Rochester area. According to the nominations, she was particularly vital in guiding local non-profits (Irondequoit Ambulance, Irondequoit Public Library Board of Trustees, Stepping Stones Learning Center, Irondequoit Community Cupboard, Human Touch Initiative, and East House) in the management of their finance and accounting practices, strengthening each organization’s ability to provide an important service to the community. She also served in volunteer leadership roles at several of these organizations, as well as serving on the Town of Irondequoit Audit Committee. Mammano was an Irondequoit resident for more than 35 years.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes