Mammano to be Honored as Citizen of the Year
Dr. Karyl Mammano, former Professor of Accounting and Director of Nonprofit Management for the Center of Community Engagement at St. John Fisher College, will be honored posthumously as the Irondequoit Chamber of Commerce 2013 Citizen of the Year. Mammano passed away in late September after a brief illness. She will be honored at the chamber’s holiday dinner and annual awards on December 7.
The Citizen of the Year honor was developed by the chamber’s Business of the Month committee, which saw the need to honor contributions of individual residents. The chamber received nine letters of nomination for Mammano, all of which detailed her tireless service to community organizations in Irondequoit and throughout the Rochester area. According to the nominations, she was particularly vital in guiding local non-profits (Irondequoit Ambulance, Irondequoit Public Library Board of Trustees, Stepping Stones Learning Center, Irondequoit Community Cupboard, Human Touch Initiative, and East House) in the management of their finance and accounting practices, strengthening each organization’s ability to provide an important service to the community. She also served in volunteer leadership roles at several of these organizations, as well as serving on the Town of Irondequoit Audit Committee. Mammano was an Irondequoit resident for more than 35 years.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Cooney Miner Selected to Participate in Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Perales Tapped to Serve as Fisher's Interim VP for Enrollment Management
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative