2013 Science and Technology Hall of Fame Inductees Announced
Four alumni will be inducted into the St. John Fisher College Science and Technology Hall of Fame on Thursday, September 26, as part of the College’s Homecoming Reunion Weekend festivities.
Dr. Donald Muench ’55, Professor of Mathematics and Computer Science at Fisher; Dr. Paul Kostyniak ’70, Professor and Chair, Department of Biotechnical and Clinical Laboratory Sciences, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo and Director of the Toxicology Research Center; Dr. Martha Mutschler-Chu ’75, Professor in the Department of Plant Breeding and Genetics, Cornell University; and Dr. Joseph Vacca ’77, Executive Director, Medicinal Chemistry, Merck Company Foundation, have been chosen as this year’s inductees.
The Science and Technology Hall of Fame, located in the Skalny Science Center, was established in 2011 by the College’s Science and Technology Alumni Group. The purpose of the Hall of Fame is to recognize individuals who have made a significant contribution to science and/or technology, science education, medicine or health-related fields, or who are noteworthy for their service to their community or the College.
Latest College News Stories
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Nelson-Tuttle, Schultz Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer