2013 Science and Technology Hall of Fame Inductees Announced
Four alumni will be inducted into the St. John Fisher College Science and Technology Hall of Fame on Thursday, September 26, as part of the College’s Homecoming Reunion Weekend festivities.
Dr. Donald Muench ’55, Professor of Mathematics and Computer Science at Fisher; Dr. Paul Kostyniak ’70, Professor and Chair, Department of Biotechnical and Clinical Laboratory Sciences, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo and Director of the Toxicology Research Center; Dr. Martha Mutschler-Chu ’75, Professor in the Department of Plant Breeding and Genetics, Cornell University; and Dr. Joseph Vacca ’77, Executive Director, Medicinal Chemistry, Merck Company Foundation, have been chosen as this year’s inductees.
The Science and Technology Hall of Fame, located in the Skalny Science Center, was established in 2011 by the College’s Science and Technology Alumni Group. The purpose of the Hall of Fame is to recognize individuals who have made a significant contribution to science and/or technology, science education, medicine or health-related fields, or who are noteworthy for their service to their community or the College.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors
- Employees Recognized for Milestone Service Years
- Women’s Basketball Team Hosts Toy Drive during Crosstown Basketball Tournament
- College to Host 17th Annual Day of Celebration
- National Conference Offers Fisher Students Chance to Network with PR Pros
- Business Students Find Success at BGS Summit
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy, Senator Rich Funke, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Launch Safe Medication Disposal Campaign
- For Fifth Consecutive Year, Students Take First in Regional Tax Competition