Palvino ’55 to be Inducted into Rochester Music Hall of Fame
Jack Palvino, a member of St. John Fisher College's Pioneer Class and a current trustee, will be inducted into the Rochester Music Hall of Fame. The inductees were announced on Thursday, February 28, and the ceremony will take place on April 28 at the Eastman Theatre.
Palvino is one of Rochester's best-known media figures with a legendary 40-year career in broadcasting, and was one of the area's dominant radio personalities from 1958-1978. In 1978, he and his partner, Albert "Bud" Wertheimer, formed the Lincoln Group and purchased WVOR radio. The group grew to include WHAM, WHTK, WPXY, and WHRR in Rochester; WBUF in Buffalo; and WQKX and WSOM in Youngstown, Ohio. The group was sold in 1997 to American Radio Systems, now CBS.
Palvino remains active in the College's Communication/ Journalism Department, and he was honored in 1999 for his dedication to the College by the creation of the Jack Palvino Communication/Journalism Hall of Fame. In 2001, he established the Jack Palvino Excellence in Communications Scholarship, which is awarded to two communication/journalism students each year.
In addition, he started the Jack Palvino Excellence in Communication Awards in 2011, honoring local communications professionals for their work in public relations, advertising, and broadcast and print journalism. The 2013 award winners will be honored on April 18.
- Fisher Marketing Club Wins AMA Collegiate Chapter Excellence Award
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Parallel Universe and Figurations” Exhibit May 20
- Wegmans School of Nursing Acknowledges Nine with Graduate Awards
- MBA Graduates Recognized
- Inaugural Joining Forces Conference Attracts 170 Health Care Professionals, Veterans to Campus
- Executive Leadership Program Honors Students
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Honors Students During Hooding Ceremony
- Bain Awards President’s Medals at 59th Commencement
- President’s Awards Ceremony Recognizes 47 Graduating Seniors
- Madigan, Plata, and McGregor Honored During Commencement Weekend
- Class of 2013 Presents Class Gift
- Goonan ’75 Receives Honorary Degree
- McCullough Urges Graduates to ‘Keep Learning, Cultivate Curiosity’
- Sodano Receives Father Dorsey Award
- School of Pharmacy Holds 2013 Student Awards