St. John Fisher College Annual Golf Tournament Raises $139,000
Despite the rainy conditions, St. John Fisher College hosted the 24th Annual Scholarship Golf Tournament, honoring Father Charles Lavery and Father Joseph Dorsey, on Monday, June 10. The tournament attracted a sold-out crowd of 133 golfers to Oak Hill Country Club.
The tournament raised $139,000, the second highest total in the tournament’s history. Golfers were given custom-made PGA/Fisher jackets as tee prizes, and had the opportunity to get their picture taken with the PGA Wanamaker trophy. The tournament’s silent auction featured a variety of great prizes, including tickets to the 2014 Masters Tournament.
Tournament co-chairs were Marty Moll, Jr. '82, Ken McAlpin '77, and Lauren Burns '82. Moll has been in the role since the tournament began. This year, he was ably assisted by Ralph Fornuto '84, who served as Honorary Chairman.
Father Lavery served as President of Fisher from 1958-1980, and Father Dorsey was a longtime member of the College's senior administration. Since the tournament began in 1982, it has raised over $1,000,000 that has been used to fund student scholarships for the College.
Jim Gould and Greg Smith '73.
Wayne LeChase, Dan DiLoreto, Katie Goff, and Jim Goff.
Latest College News Stories
- Faculty Recognized for Grants
- 2013 Day of Celebration Set for Saturday, December 7
- Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
- Student Entrepreneurs Mean Business
- Service-Learning and Science Collide in East Rochester Schools
- Fisher Alumni, Adjunct Recognized in Forty Under 40
- Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
- Box Town Raises Awareness Amidst Cold Temperatures
- Vatican Insider Gary Krupp to present at St. John Fisher College on December 6
- Gantner Holds Workshops in Mexico
- Education Faculty Co-Present at International Conference
- “Team Scott” Supports Dean’s Fight
- Fisher Makes “Best Colleges for Veterans” List
- Fisher Earns At-Large Bid to NCAA Championship
- College Dedicates Pellicano Pavilion