St. John Fisher College Annual Golf Tournament Raises $139,000
Despite the rainy conditions, St. John Fisher College hosted the 24th Annual Scholarship Golf Tournament, honoring Father Charles Lavery and Father Joseph Dorsey, on Monday, June 10. The tournament attracted a sold-out crowd of 133 golfers to Oak Hill Country Club.
The tournament raised $139,000, the second highest total in the tournament’s history. Golfers were given custom-made PGA/Fisher jackets as tee prizes, and had the opportunity to get their picture taken with the PGA Wanamaker trophy. The tournament’s silent auction featured a variety of great prizes, including tickets to the 2014 Masters Tournament.
Tournament co-chairs were Marty Moll, Jr. '82, Ken McAlpin '77, and Lauren Burns '82. Moll has been in the role since the tournament began. This year, he was ably assisted by Ralph Fornuto '84, who served as Honorary Chairman.
Father Lavery served as President of Fisher from 1958-1980, and Father Dorsey was a longtime member of the College's senior administration. Since the tournament began in 1982, it has raised over $1,000,000 that has been used to fund student scholarships for the College.
Jim Gould and Greg Smith '73.
Wayne LeChase, Dan DiLoreto, Katie Goff, and Jim Goff.
Latest College News Stories
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
- Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International