Frank Sinatra Celebrity Invitational to Honor College Trustee Martin Mucci ’81
Martin Mucci ’81, President and Chief Executive Officer of Paychex, Inc., will be honored at the Frank Sinatra Starkey Technologies Celebrity Invitational Black Tie Gala on February 23. He will be recognized for his business and civic leadership and his generous support of the Barbara Sinatra Children’s Center. Mucci is a member of the College’s Board of Trustees.
“It is a wonderful honor to receive this recognition, and I am very pleased to accept it on behalf of Paychex and our employees,” said Mucci. “At Paychex, we have a proud tradition of caring for others in the communities where we work, live, and serve our clients. Mrs. Sinatra and the staff of the Sinatra Children’s Center demonstrate exceptional commitment to those they serve, and I am proud to support their important work.”
A native of Elmira, Mucci holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Fisher and an MBA from the University of Rochester. He received the College’s Excellence in Management Award in 1999 in recognition of his professional accomplishments in business and service to his community.
Mucci is a member of the Upstate New York Regional Advisory Board of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, and is on the Board of Directors of Cbeyond, Inc. (NASDAQ:CBEY), a leading IP-based, managed services provider of communications packages and IT services to small businesses. He is past chairman of the College’s Board of Trustees, the Rochester Business Alliance Board of Directors, and the Rochester Walk to Cure Diabetes to benefit juvenile diabetes research. Additionally, he is a past member of the United Way of Greater Rochester Board of Directors.
In 2011, Mucci and his wife, Darcy, received the Catholic Family Center’s CFC Award, an honor recognizing their dedication to the health and well-being of the greater Rochester community. In 2012, they served as honorary chairs of the Daystar Derby, a fundraiser benefitting Daystar for Medically Fragile Infants, Inc., a provider of medical daycare services for children ages birth to five. That same year, Mucci was honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Sons of Italy Vincent Lombardi Lodge #2270. The award recognizes Italian-Americans who have made significant contributions to their profession and community.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year