Frank Sinatra Celebrity Invitational to Honor College Trustee Martin Mucci ’81
Martin Mucci ’81, President and Chief Executive Officer of Paychex, Inc., will be honored at the Frank Sinatra Starkey Technologies Celebrity Invitational Black Tie Gala on February 23. He will be recognized for his business and civic leadership and his generous support of the Barbara Sinatra Children’s Center. Mucci is a member of the College’s Board of Trustees.
“It is a wonderful honor to receive this recognition, and I am very pleased to accept it on behalf of Paychex and our employees,” said Mucci. “At Paychex, we have a proud tradition of caring for others in the communities where we work, live, and serve our clients. Mrs. Sinatra and the staff of the Sinatra Children’s Center demonstrate exceptional commitment to those they serve, and I am proud to support their important work.”
A native of Elmira, Mucci holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Fisher and an MBA from the University of Rochester. He received the College’s Excellence in Management Award in 1999 in recognition of his professional accomplishments in business and service to his community.
Mucci is a member of the Upstate New York Regional Advisory Board of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, and is on the Board of Directors of Cbeyond, Inc. (NASDAQ:CBEY), a leading IP-based, managed services provider of communications packages and IT services to small businesses. He is past chairman of the College’s Board of Trustees, the Rochester Business Alliance Board of Directors, and the Rochester Walk to Cure Diabetes to benefit juvenile diabetes research. Additionally, he is a past member of the United Way of Greater Rochester Board of Directors.
In 2011, Mucci and his wife, Darcy, received the Catholic Family Center’s CFC Award, an honor recognizing their dedication to the health and well-being of the greater Rochester community. In 2012, they served as honorary chairs of the Daystar Derby, a fundraiser benefitting Daystar for Medically Fragile Infants, Inc., a provider of medical daycare services for children ages birth to five. That same year, Mucci was honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Sons of Italy Vincent Lombardi Lodge #2270. The award recognizes Italian-Americans who have made significant contributions to their profession and community.
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
- Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
- Lazzara and Mullen Win Jack Palvino Excellence in Communications Scholarship
- Fisher Entrepreneurship Team Wins in State Semifinal Competition
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 60th Commencement
- Investment Club Hosts Annual Shareholders’ Report Dinner