Frank Sinatra Celebrity Invitational to Honor College Trustee Martin Mucci ’81
Martin Mucci ’81, President and Chief Executive Officer of Paychex, Inc., will be honored at the Frank Sinatra Starkey Technologies Celebrity Invitational Black Tie Gala on February 23. He will be recognized for his business and civic leadership and his generous support of the Barbara Sinatra Children’s Center. Mucci is a member of the College’s Board of Trustees.
“It is a wonderful honor to receive this recognition, and I am very pleased to accept it on behalf of Paychex and our employees,” said Mucci. “At Paychex, we have a proud tradition of caring for others in the communities where we work, live, and serve our clients. Mrs. Sinatra and the staff of the Sinatra Children’s Center demonstrate exceptional commitment to those they serve, and I am proud to support their important work.”
A native of Elmira, Mucci holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Fisher and an MBA from the University of Rochester. He received the College’s Excellence in Management Award in 1999 in recognition of his professional accomplishments in business and service to his community.
Mucci is a member of the Upstate New York Regional Advisory Board of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, and is on the Board of Directors of Cbeyond, Inc. (NASDAQ:CBEY), a leading IP-based, managed services provider of communications packages and IT services to small businesses. He is past chairman of the College’s Board of Trustees, the Rochester Business Alliance Board of Directors, and the Rochester Walk to Cure Diabetes to benefit juvenile diabetes research. Additionally, he is a past member of the United Way of Greater Rochester Board of Directors.
In 2011, Mucci and his wife, Darcy, received the Catholic Family Center’s CFC Award, an honor recognizing their dedication to the health and well-being of the greater Rochester community. In 2012, they served as honorary chairs of the Daystar Derby, a fundraiser benefitting Daystar for Medically Fragile Infants, Inc., a provider of medical daycare services for children ages birth to five. That same year, Mucci was honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Sons of Italy Vincent Lombardi Lodge #2270. The award recognizes Italian-Americans who have made significant contributions to their profession and community.
Latest College News Stories
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
- Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International