Frank Sinatra Celebrity Invitational to Honor College Trustee Martin Mucci ’81
Martin Mucci ’81, President and Chief Executive Officer of Paychex, Inc., will be honored at the Frank Sinatra Starkey Technologies Celebrity Invitational Black Tie Gala on February 23. He will be recognized for his business and civic leadership and his generous support of the Barbara Sinatra Children’s Center. Mucci is a member of the College’s Board of Trustees.
“It is a wonderful honor to receive this recognition, and I am very pleased to accept it on behalf of Paychex and our employees,” said Mucci. “At Paychex, we have a proud tradition of caring for others in the communities where we work, live, and serve our clients. Mrs. Sinatra and the staff of the Sinatra Children’s Center demonstrate exceptional commitment to those they serve, and I am proud to support their important work.”
A native of Elmira, Mucci holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Fisher and an MBA from the University of Rochester. He received the College’s Excellence in Management Award in 1999 in recognition of his professional accomplishments in business and service to his community.
Mucci is a member of the Upstate New York Regional Advisory Board of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, and is on the Board of Directors of Cbeyond, Inc. (NASDAQ:CBEY), a leading IP-based, managed services provider of communications packages and IT services to small businesses. He is past chairman of the College’s Board of Trustees, the Rochester Business Alliance Board of Directors, and the Rochester Walk to Cure Diabetes to benefit juvenile diabetes research. Additionally, he is a past member of the United Way of Greater Rochester Board of Directors.
In 2011, Mucci and his wife, Darcy, received the Catholic Family Center’s CFC Award, an honor recognizing their dedication to the health and well-being of the greater Rochester community. In 2012, they served as honorary chairs of the Daystar Derby, a fundraiser benefitting Daystar for Medically Fragile Infants, Inc., a provider of medical daycare services for children ages birth to five. That same year, Mucci was honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Sons of Italy Vincent Lombardi Lodge #2270. The award recognizes Italian-Americans who have made significant contributions to their profession and community.
Latest College News Stories
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation
- Markwick Chosen for AANP Future Leaders Program
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher