Countdown to Commencement – Brendan Kennedy
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Brendan Kennedy. He was nominated by Kara Crosson, Residence Director, Murphy Hall.
Kennedy, a Nursing major, is currently a Student Ambassador, the Wegmans School of Nursing Senator on the Student Government Association (SGA) Senate, and a member of Measure 13. During his time at Fisher, he has also been a Resident Assistant (RA), President of the Outdoors Club, and member of Fisher Players.
“I will remember Brendan’s humor and his love for Fisher. He has brought a lot of great ideas to Fisher. Brendan integrates his academics and involvement well – especially by serving as a Senator for SGA,” said Crosson.
Kennedy has left quite an impact on Fisher. Through his RA work in Haffey Hall, he worked directly with freshmen to create a welcoming and beneficial community. Kennedy also brought back the Outdoors Club, which gave students interested in the outdoors an outlet to participate in a variety of programs.
Crosson said Kennedy has not only impacted the Fisher students, but has also had an impact on her.
“I have known Brendan for the three years I’ve worked here, and he has always shown me the different aspects of a Fisher student. I admire the way he focuses on his academics, recognizing the importance of them on his future life developments,” said Crosson.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems