Countdown to Commencement – Brendan Kennedy
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Brendan Kennedy. He was nominated by Kara Crosson, Residence Director, Murphy Hall.
Kennedy, a Nursing major, is currently a Student Ambassador, the Wegmans School of Nursing Senator on the Student Government Association (SGA) Senate, and a member of Measure 13. During his time at Fisher, he has also been a Resident Assistant (RA), President of the Outdoors Club, and member of Fisher Players.
“I will remember Brendan’s humor and his love for Fisher. He has brought a lot of great ideas to Fisher. Brendan integrates his academics and involvement well – especially by serving as a Senator for SGA,” said Crosson.
Kennedy has left quite an impact on Fisher. Through his RA work in Haffey Hall, he worked directly with freshmen to create a welcoming and beneficial community. Kennedy also brought back the Outdoors Club, which gave students interested in the outdoors an outlet to participate in a variety of programs.
Crosson said Kennedy has not only impacted the Fisher students, but has also had an impact on her.
“I have known Brendan for the three years I’ve worked here, and he has always shown me the different aspects of a Fisher student. I admire the way he focuses on his academics, recognizing the importance of them on his future life developments,” said Crosson.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year