SAAC Raises Over $700 for American Cancer Society
The St. John Fisher College Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC), in partnership with the Empire 8 Breast Cancer Awareness Initiative, raised $708.00 for the American Cancer Society during two athletic events at the end of October.
Student athletes sold pink ribbons at the October 20 men’s soccer game and football game – both played at home. In addition, the students organized a pie-in-the-face fundraiser for the cause. Jim Grant, head athletic trainer; Keri Brown, assistant women’s lacrosse coach; and Sean Coffey, assistant men’s basketball coach, all volunteered for the event.
The Empire 8 Breast Cancer Awareness Initiative was embraced by Empire 8 schools throughout the month of October with a variety of events and fundraisers.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems