SAAC Raises Over $700 for American Cancer Society
The St. John Fisher College Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC), in partnership with the Empire 8 Breast Cancer Awareness Initiative, raised $708.00 for the American Cancer Society during two athletic events at the end of October.
Student athletes sold pink ribbons at the October 20 men’s soccer game and football game – both played at home. In addition, the students organized a pie-in-the-face fundraiser for the cause. Jim Grant, head athletic trainer; Keri Brown, assistant women’s lacrosse coach; and Sean Coffey, assistant men’s basketball coach, all volunteered for the event.
The Empire 8 Breast Cancer Awareness Initiative was embraced by Empire 8 schools throughout the month of October with a variety of events and fundraisers.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Grant to Fund New Training Program
- Fall Athletes Achieve Historic Seasons for Fisher
- Stress Free Week Activities Help Ease Finals Frenzy
- Grant Gives Media Arts Lab an Interactive Makeover
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors
- Employees Recognized for Milestone Service Years
- Women’s Basketball Team Hosts Toy Drive during Crosstown Basketball Tournament
- College to Host 17th Annual Day of Celebration