SAAC Raises Over $700 for American Cancer Society
The St. John Fisher College Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC), in partnership with the Empire 8 Breast Cancer Awareness Initiative, raised $708.00 for the American Cancer Society during two athletic events at the end of October.
Student athletes sold pink ribbons at the October 20 men’s soccer game and football game – both played at home. In addition, the students organized a pie-in-the-face fundraiser for the cause. Jim Grant, head athletic trainer; Keri Brown, assistant women’s lacrosse coach; and Sean Coffey, assistant men’s basketball coach, all volunteered for the event.
The Empire 8 Breast Cancer Awareness Initiative was embraced by Empire 8 schools throughout the month of October with a variety of events and fundraisers.
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Wegmans School of Nursing Takes Pledge on Opioid Education as Announced at the White House
- Fisher Included on Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Honor Roll
- School of Business Inducts 42 into Beta Gamma Sigma
- Sacco Named Jonas Nurse Leader Scholar
- Turner to Deliver Talk at Bronfenbrenner Center for Translational Research at Cornell University
- Education Faculty Publish in International Journal
- Fisher Faculty Wins Visiting Position Abroad
- Ed.D. Graduate Selected to Present at LGBT Research Symposium