Social Justice Fair Raises Much Needed Awareness
Nearly 125 people attended Tuesday’s Social Justice and Diversity Fair, which featured the work of 65 St. John Fisher College and Wilson Early College International High School students aimed at raising awareness of social issues.
The projects represented a wide variety of topics including; technology benefits in early childhood education, long-term effects of bullying, social aspects of children with autism, and Safe Zone schools, among others. Most of the poster presentations included collaborative projects with schools and human service agencies throughout the Rochester area. The posters completed by the high school students, under the guidance of Fisher education students, focused on their “Mix It Up Day,” which took place at their school on October 18 and focused on human trafficking and Sudanese issues.
Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education faculty members Drs. Jim Wood, Michelle Erklenz-Watts, and Jeff Liles oversaw the projects and the fair. All of the work was completed in Diversity and Social Justice classes.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Inaugural Campus Convocation Generates Conversations about Campus Mission
- Wes Renfro Delivers Convocation at Alma Mater
- College Renovates Park & Ride; Adds 120 Parking Spots
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers