Social Justice Fair Raises Much Needed Awareness
Nearly 125 people attended Tuesday’s Social Justice and Diversity Fair, which featured the work of 65 St. John Fisher College and Wilson Early College International High School students aimed at raising awareness of social issues.
The projects represented a wide variety of topics including; technology benefits in early childhood education, long-term effects of bullying, social aspects of children with autism, and Safe Zone schools, among others. Most of the poster presentations included collaborative projects with schools and human service agencies throughout the Rochester area. The posters completed by the high school students, under the guidance of Fisher education students, focused on their “Mix It Up Day,” which took place at their school on October 18 and focused on human trafficking and Sudanese issues.
Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education faculty members Drs. Jim Wood, Michelle Erklenz-Watts, and Jeff Liles oversaw the projects and the fair. All of the work was completed in Diversity and Social Justice classes.
Latest College News Stories
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant