Faculty Panel to Recap Election in November First Friday Lecture
On Friday, November 9, four St. John Fisher College faculty members will review and recap the 2012 presidential election, offering their insights and analysis of the campaigns, candidates, and the results.
“Election ’12 Results” panelists will include Dr. David Baronov, Professor and Chair of the Sociology Department; Dr. Frederick Dotolo, Associate Professor of History; Dr. Jennifer Rossi, Assistant Professor of American Studies; and Tom Proietti, Resident Scholar in Media. The lecture will take place in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center Boardroom at 10:00 a.m., and will include a 9:00 a.m. mass followed by a breakfast.
Baronov’s field of research is historical sociology, with an emphasis on long-term socio-cultural trends in globalization and historical capitalism. Dotolo, an alum of the College, also spent time teaching as a civilian instructor with the United States Navy in the PACE (Program for Afloat College Education) program before becoming a full-time faculty member at Fisher in 2003. Proietti will offer a media perspective, as he is a former newspaper, radio, and television journalist. He is often called upon by local media to offer comment on a variety of issues, and the presidential campaign has been one of those issues. Rossi specializes in African American women's literature and cultural history, multi-ethnic literature and cultural history, pedagogical theory (feminist, service learning), and immigration narratives. She is also active in several area social justice organizations.
The First Friday Lecture Series is designed for individuals who are interested in hearing learned perspectives on a variety of topics from members of the St. John Fisher College community.
Parking is available in Lot A off of the main entrance to the College at East Avenue/Fairport Road. For more information about the lecture series or to register for the lecture, please call (585) 385-5292 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement
- Bain Starts Farewell Tour, Visiting Alumni Across Country
- Martínez-Hernández to be part of NIH National Research Mentoring Network Grant
- Read Elected VP of State Association
- Carhart ’12 and Harney ’13 Produce “UFO” Music Video