Faculty Panel to Recap Election in November First Friday Lecture
On Friday, November 9, four St. John Fisher College faculty members will review and recap the 2012 presidential election, offering their insights and analysis of the campaigns, candidates, and the results.
“Election ’12 Results” panelists will include Dr. David Baronov, Professor and Chair of the Sociology Department; Dr. Frederick Dotolo, Associate Professor of History; Dr. Jennifer Rossi, Assistant Professor of American Studies; and Tom Proietti, Resident Scholar in Media. The lecture will take place in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center Boardroom at 10:00 a.m., and will include a 9:00 a.m. mass followed by a breakfast.
Baronov’s field of research is historical sociology, with an emphasis on long-term socio-cultural trends in globalization and historical capitalism. Dotolo, an alum of the College, also spent time teaching as a civilian instructor with the United States Navy in the PACE (Program for Afloat College Education) program before becoming a full-time faculty member at Fisher in 2003. Proietti will offer a media perspective, as he is a former newspaper, radio, and television journalist. He is often called upon by local media to offer comment on a variety of issues, and the presidential campaign has been one of those issues. Rossi specializes in African American women's literature and cultural history, multi-ethnic literature and cultural history, pedagogical theory (feminist, service learning), and immigration narratives. She is also active in several area social justice organizations.
The First Friday Lecture Series is designed for individuals who are interested in hearing learned perspectives on a variety of topics from members of the St. John Fisher College community.
Parking is available in Lot A off of the main entrance to the College at East Avenue/Fairport Road. For more information about the lecture series or to register for the lecture, please call (585) 385-5292 or email email@example.com.
Latest College News Stories
- 2013 Day of Celebration Set for Saturday, December 7
- Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
- Student Entrepreneurs Mean Business
- Service-Learning and Science Collide in East Rochester Schools
- Fisher Alumni, Adjunct Recognized in Forty Under 40
- Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
- Box Town Raises Awareness Amidst Cold Temperatures
- Vatican Insider Gary Krupp to present at St. John Fisher College on December 6
- Gantner Holds Workshops in Mexico
- Education Faculty Co-Present at International Conference
- “Team Scott” Supports Dean’s Fight
- Fisher Makes “Best Colleges for Veterans” List
- Fisher Earns At-Large Bid to NCAA Championship
- College Dedicates Pellicano Pavilion
- Beta Gamma Sigma Co-Liaison Attends Student Leadership Forum