Faculty Panel to Recap Election in November First Friday Lecture
On Friday, November 9, four St. John Fisher College faculty members will review and recap the 2012 presidential election, offering their insights and analysis of the campaigns, candidates, and the results.
“Election ’12 Results” panelists will include Dr. David Baronov, Professor and Chair of the Sociology Department; Dr. Frederick Dotolo, Associate Professor of History; Dr. Jennifer Rossi, Assistant Professor of American Studies; and Tom Proietti, Resident Scholar in Media. The lecture will take place in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center Boardroom at 10:00 a.m., and will include a 9:00 a.m. mass followed by a breakfast.
Baronov’s field of research is historical sociology, with an emphasis on long-term socio-cultural trends in globalization and historical capitalism. Dotolo, an alum of the College, also spent time teaching as a civilian instructor with the United States Navy in the PACE (Program for Afloat College Education) program before becoming a full-time faculty member at Fisher in 2003. Proietti will offer a media perspective, as he is a former newspaper, radio, and television journalist. He is often called upon by local media to offer comment on a variety of issues, and the presidential campaign has been one of those issues. Rossi specializes in African American women's literature and cultural history, multi-ethnic literature and cultural history, pedagogical theory (feminist, service learning), and immigration narratives. She is also active in several area social justice organizations.
The First Friday Lecture Series is designed for individuals who are interested in hearing learned perspectives on a variety of topics from members of the St. John Fisher College community.
Parking is available in Lot A off of the main entrance to the College at East Avenue/Fairport Road. For more information about the lecture series or to register for the lecture, please call (585) 385-5292 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems