School of Business Hosts Contemporary Media Forum
On Thursday, March 27, the St. John Fisher College School of Business hosted a contemporary media forum with business professionals from Butler/Till, an independent and employee-owned media communications agency headquartered in Rochester.
Amanda DeVito, Director of Strategy and Innovation; Carrie Riby, Account Director; and School of Business senior Alison Taylor, who is currently working as an Operation Specialists Intern at the agency, directed the afternoon’s discussion and brainstorming session. The theme of the forum was “Storytelling Through Advertising” and aimed to make students think of innovative ways to grab the attention of their audience through popular media platforms.
The students in attendance were divided into groups and assigned different media platforms pulled from Ad Week’s hottest digital media list. After watching video vignettes produced by Chipotle Mexican Grill, the students were given the task of creating stories through different types of advertising already used within the industry. Some of the popular media platforms included Netflix, Spotify, Vine, Instagram, Candy Crush Saga, and popular YouTube channels.
The forum reinforced the importance of brand character and company value representation in various forms of advertising. The students also learned some new ways to grab the attention of a target demographic without annoying their audience.
“Companies are starting to tweak their advertisements in order to earn the relationship first, and then reward that customer loyalty with their outstanding product or service,” said DeVito.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study
- Crews Install Cross on Kearney Hall Spire
- Buffalo Bills Announce Ticket Distribution Information for 2016 Training Camp
- Bob Ward to be Inducted into Red Wings Walk of Fame
- St. John Fisher College a “Great College to Work For”
- Fisher Breaks Ground on New Chapel
- Lavery Library Photos on Display at Museum of African American History