First Generation Scholars Program Requirements
Students interested in becoming a First Generation Scholar must complete an online First Generation Scholarship Application. The student must also apply to and be accepted by St. John Fisher College, as well as meeting the following criteria:
- The student must be the first generation in their family to attend a postsecondary institution
- High school seniors must be planning to enter Fisher directly after graduating
- Able to meet the academic requirements for admission to Fisher
- Recognized citizen-scholars in their high school community
- Willing to mentor younger students to achieve academic excellence and to pursue a college education
Questions can be directed to the St. John Fisher College Office of Admissions at (585) 385-8064 (in Rochester) or Sally Vaughan, Director of Community Service & First Generation Scholarship Program Coordinator at (585) 385-8196.