Meal Plan Options
Why Go Anywhere Else?
Find great value, variety and convenience with flexible meal plans to fit your busy schedule and stay within your budget. With a variety of locations and convenient hours, you can connect, refuel and save time and money with one of the following meal plan options.
Residential Meal Plan Options
New Students (first year and transfer) may choose the Gold or Platinum Plan for their first year in housing.
Returning Students may choose any residential meal plan offered.
All meal plans can be used in any dining facility on campus and include 5 guest passes per semester, which come in handy when friends and family come to visit!
You are provided with a specific number of meals per semester, based on your meal plan (see plans below). At each meal period, you can use a meal swipe in the all-you-can-eat facilities, or use a swipe as meal equivalency at the a la carte options. Flex dollars can be used in the all-you-can-eat facilities during any meal period or for a quick snack between meals!
272 meals per semester, no flex dollars
Suggested Weekly Usage: 19 meals
190 meals per semester, $50 flex dollars per semester
Suggested Weekly usage: 13 meals
165 meals per semester, $75 flex dollars per semester
Suggested Weekly Usage: 11 meals
140 meals per semester, $100 flex dollars per semester
Suggested Weekly Usage: 9 meals
Commuter students can choose any of the resident student plans above or the Copper Meal Plan which is tailored specifically for commuter and Pharmacy student needs.
74 meals per semester, $74 flex dollars per semester
Suggested Weekly Usage: 5 meals
Meal Plan Costs
Current meal plan costs are posted on the Bursar's Office website.
Sign Up For a Meal Plan
Resident students choose a meal plan as part of their housing applications.
Commuter and Pharmacy students should go to ResLife Online to sign up for a meal plan.
Meal Plan Conditions
- The meal plan starts with lunch on the first day of classes each semester.
- Commuter students contract for meal plans on a semester to semester basis, Residential students contract for the entire academic year.
- You can only use one swipe per meal period, breakfast, lunch, dinner or late night.
- Each plan has a total number of meals you can use throughout the semester. You must manage your meals per week.
- All-you-can-eat venues use one swipe per meal.
- Meal blocks rollover from week to week until the end of the semester.
- You can use one swipe per meal period in MEAL EQUIVALENCY at the retail food service venues.
- Flex Dollars can be used at all dining service locations.
- You are provided with 5 guest passes for each meal plan per semester.
- No part of the meal plan (blocks, flex or guest passes) rolls over from semester to semester.
- No unused part of the meal plan (blocks, flex or guest passes) will be refunded at the end of the semester.
- The charge for the meal plan will be billed to your student account. If you want to use financial aid to pay for a commuter meal plan, you will need to complete the Title IV authorization (See steps below).
- Changes and cancellations can be made to the meal plan until 4:30pm on Tuesday, September 10, 2013. Charges will be prorated based on meal plan usage. (Changes may take up to 24 hours to show on your Fish 'R' Net bill).
Using Financial Aid to Pay for Your Commuter Meal Plan
Commuter meal plans are considered a non-institutional charge. Title IV Funds (Stafford Loans, Perkins, PLUS, PELL, etc.) cannot be used to pay this charge without your permission. If you wish to use Title IV Funds, you will need to complete the Title IV authorization in Fish 'R' Net. This authorization only needs to be completed one time; you do not need to complete this step each semester.
- Log into Fish 'R' Net
- Click on Payment & Billing Information
- Click on Title IV Authorization
- Click the first box authorizing SJFC to use Title IV funds to pay non-institutional charges
Dining Dollars for All Students, Faculty & Staff
Dining Dollars can be used like a debit card at any dining location and can be transferred from fall to spring semester. On the final day of spring semester, any remaining Dining Dollars will be forfeited.
Purchase 250 Dining Dollars and receive 5 guest passes
Purchase 220 Dining Dollars for $200...that's 10% on us!
Sign up for Dining Dollars
You can sign up for Dining Dollars at the Lackmann Culinary Services Office on the main floor of the Campus Center.