Applying to Fisher
If you are ready to apply to Fisher, congratulations! Let's walk though the steps in the application process.
Types of Freshman Admissions
Application Deadline: December 1
Is St. John Fisher College your first choice for college? If so, apply under our Early Decision Plan! If accepted under Early Decision, you'll have until March 1 to submit a non-refundable enrollment deposit. We also expect that you will withdraw your applications from other colleges once accepted to Fisher under this option.
Regular Decision-Rolling Admission Plan
Regular admissions to Fisher occurs on a "rolling" basis. The Admissions Committee begins reviewing applications in late fall. While there is no application deadline, the majority of applications are received before February 15.
The Merit Scholarship consideration deadline is January 15.
In addition, St. John Fisher College subscribes to the Candidates Reply Date Agreement, which means you'll have until May 1 to submit a non-refundable enrollment deposit.
Freshman Application Directions
An application is complete once the following have been received:
- Completed Common Application (free to apply online)
- Official high school transcript (including a list of senior year courses and grades available)
- Official SAT, ACT, or TOEFL scores (Note: Standardized test results must be sent from your high school via an official transcript or directly from the testing agency to be considered official.)
- Counselor/Teacher Recommendation [pdf]
- Personal statement, essay, or graded paper (min. 250 words)
- Additional letters of recommendation (optional)
- Additional information such as an activities résumé (optional)
Admission Application Deadlines
- Continuous: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis
- December 1: Early decision application deadline
- January 15: Priority deadline to submit FAFSA (School Code: 002821)
Admissions application deadline for merit-based scholarship consideration
- Late February: Entering freshmen financial aid awards mailed
- May 1: Admissions deposit deadline
Credit by Examination
St. John Fisher College recognizes AP, IB, and CLEP scores. For more information, refer to the Credit by Examination Brochure [pdf].