You will take part in clinical experiences as a traditional nursing undergraduate at Fisher. Among these are global nursing opportunities and clinical experiences closer to home.
Global Nursing Opportunities
The College offers you the opportunity to travel far and wide providing medical care as part of your coursework.
You may conduct assessments for community members as part of a free nursing clinic, or provide health screenings and health education to children and adults alike.
Recent trips have brought students to:
- Barcelona, Spain
- San Jose, Costa Rica
- Masaya, Nicaragua
- Ollantaytambo, Peru
- Boqueron, El Salvador
- Waterford, Ireland
Nursing Clinical Experiences
The Wegmans School of Nursing places students in health care systems, community-based agencies, and private practices in the Rochester region.
In addition to Fisher's full-time faculty, the health care professionals in these practice settings participate in the education of Fisher's undergraduate nursing students. They share their knowledge, serve as role models, motivate, and mentor the next generation of Fisher nurses.
- Unity Hospital (Rochester Regional Health)
- Strong Memorial Hospital (URMC)*
- Highland Hospital (URMC)*
- Rochester General Hospital (Rochester Regional Health)
- Newark-Wayne Hospital (Rochester Regional Health)*
- FF Thompson Hospital (URMC)*
*Designated Magnet Recognition Program® Hospital. The program recognizes health care organizations for quality patient care, nursing excellence, and innovation in professional nursing practice.
- Monroe County Health Department
- Heritage Christian Homes
- Hill Haven Nursing Home
- St. John’s Home
- Elder One – Rochester General Hospital
- Upstate Home Care
- VA Community and Home-Based Program
- Rush Henrietta Schools Nursing
- Lifetime Care
- Home Care of Rochester
- Visiting Nurse Service
- Rochester City School District Nursing Centers