Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
Together with their friends and families, graduates of the Wegmans School of Pharmacy gathered with faculty and staff during the School’s annual hooding and award ceremony, held in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Athletic Center on Friday, May 12.
Graduate David Kim delivered the invocation. Class co-presidents, Jennifer Mappus and Angelica Wisniewski, presented the Class of 2017 gift, a plaque displaying the School’s mission and vision.
In addition to the presentation of hoods, the School honored 17 students with prestigious awards. The winners included:
- The Dean’s Circle Award recipients were Seth Amidon, Lauren Bowers, Mackenzie Crist, Nathan Gear, Caitlyn Janiszewaki, Alexandra Mancuso, Emily Rosenberg, Jessica Klem, and Tierney Sullivan. This award is given to students whose GPA was in the top 10 percent of the class.
- The Teva Outstanding Achievement Award recipient was Tierney Sullivan. This award is given to a student who demonstrated outstanding achievement.
- Alexandra Mancuso was given the Mylan Excellence in Pharmacy Award, which is presented to a student who is in the top 25 percent of the class, and who has demonstrated high professional motivation and a unique ability to communicate drug information.
- The Lilly Achievement Award was given to Mackenzie Crist for her demonstrated superior scholastic and professional achievement.
- The Merck Award winners–Nathan Gear and Erin Falicchio–were honored for their demonstrated excellence in clinical skills and time management.
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database Graduation Award was given to Karissa Stoyell. It is awarded to a student who has demonstrated efforts to minimize adverse effects due to inappropriate use of natural medicines and encourage an evidence-based approach to natural medicines.
- Erin Falicchio received the APhA-ASP Senior Recognition Certificate, which honors the student who made the greatest contribution to the Wegmans School of Pharmacy APhA-ASP Student Chapter.
- The PSSNY Award, given this year to Samantha Marsala, recognizes a student who took leadership roles in activities with the Pharmacists Society of the State of New York.
- Alexandra Mancuso was given the Excellence in Public Health Pharmacy Practice Award, which recognizes her contributions to public health pharmacy practice. The award winner is also honored for their involvement in public health issues in their community.
- The Excellence in Experiential Education is given to graduating Pharm.D. students who were chosen after being nominated by a preceptor for outstanding performance, or who have placed at the top of the class in the Core rotations. This year’s recipients were Michael Dineen, Seda Donmez, Erin Falicchio, Jonathan Redlinski, Drew Seidel, Christopher Skarbelis, Karissa Stoyell, and Tierney Sullivan.