Service Scholars Program
The Service Scholars Program embodies the spirit of community and caring that is the hallmark of the Fisher experience.
About the Service Scholars Program
Each year, 24 scholarships are awarded to high school seniors who exhibit outstanding community service through activities in their schools, places of worship, and community agencies. The scholarship award is equal to one-half of the total yearly cost of Fisher's tuition, fees, and room and board for four years.
Service Scholars will be expected to continue their involvement in community service work while completing the curricular component of the program. Students enrolled in the Service Scholars Program will earn a Certificate of Service Leadership upon graduation from St. John Fisher College.
Students interested in becoming a Service Scholar must complete the Service Scholar Application.
In order to retain their awards while engaged in full-time study as matriculated students, Service Scholars are required to:
- Participate in a two-course learning community entitled "Leadership Through Self-Development" during the fall semester of their first year at St. John Fisher College;
- during the spring semester of their Freshman and Senior years.; Note: Community service hours in Rochester are coordinated through the Community Service Office. Students can perform 40 percent of their community service hours in their hometown or in outside one-time community service events. Students are responsible for 60 percent of their hours at their Rochester site.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress toward the completion of their degree requirements.
Community Service Yearly Hours
- Freshman: 130 hours
- Sophomores-Seniors: 200 hours
Current Student Information
Use the documents below to track your hours, see how many hours you've logged, and more.
- Senior Current Hours [pdf]
- Junior Current Hours [pdf]
- Sophomore Current Hours [pdf]
- Freshmen Current Hours [pdf]
- Rochester Other Hours Form [pdf]
- Service-Learning Agreement [pdf]
- Service Scholar Information Sheet [pdf]
- SJFC Release Form [pdf]
- Service Scholar Outside Service Activity Record [pdf]
- Service Scholar Hours And Transportation Log [pdf]
- Fall Evaluation Form [pdf]
- Spring Evaluation Form [pdf]