Orientation Information for Transfer Students
Join us for an informative afternoon of campus sessions focusing on the student experience, academic success, campus resources, and more.
Orientation for all transfer students will take place on Monday, September 4.
Transfer Orientation Schedule
All events and activities are subject to change.
Monday, September 4, 2017
- Noon - Check-in (Campus Center)
- 12:30 p.m. - Lunch and Welcome (Campus Center Mainstage)
- 1:30 p.m. - Diversity Presentation (Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Athletic Center)
- 2:45 p.m. - Campus Tour
- 3:15 p.m. - SAPE (Cleary Family Auditorium)
- 4:15 p.m. - The Student Experience: Academics and Student Life (Cleary Family Auditorium)
- 5 - 7 p.m. - Dinner (Ward-Haffey Dining Hall)
- 7 p.m. - Welcome to Student Involvement (Campus Center Atrium and Mainstage)
Tuesday, September 5, 2017
- 1:45 p.m. - Classes begin
Transfer Student Reminders
- Residence hall check-in and roommate information will be sent to your Fisher email.
- Questions regarding housing should be directed to the Residential Life at (585) 385-8281 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- mySJFC allows for single sign-on for many of Fisher's online services including Blackboard, Gmail, and more.
- Access mySJFC at http://my.sjfc.edu.
Immunizations, Health Insurance Waiver & Physical
- For questions about immunizations, health insurance, or your health history form, please contact the Health and Wellness Center at email@example.com or (585) 385-8280.
Billing and Financial Aid
- Questions regarding your bill, payments, or payment options may be directed to Student Accounts at (585) 385-8061 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your current bill is accessible online through your Fish 'R' Net account.
- Questions regarding the status of loans and scholarships/grants should be directed to the Financial Aid Office at (585) 385-8042 or email@example.com.
I.D. Card and Parking
- Your I.D. card and parking permit will be available at the Office of Safety and Security located in Haffey Hall.
- All vehicles using College parking facilities must be registered with Safety and Security.
- Visit the Office of Safety and Security website for more information about vehicle registration parking permits.
- Visit the Dining Services website for information regarding meal plans, dining locations, and hours of operation.
- It's easy to view the textbooks required for each of your courses and order them online. Follow the instructions to order textbooks online and your books will be waiting for you at Orientation!