New York State Public Health Law requires students enrolled in six credit hours or more must demonstrate proof of measles, mumps, and rubella immunity.
New York State Public Health Law (PHL) 2165 requires that all students born on or after January 1, 1957 who are enrolled in six credit hours or more must demonstrate proof of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella.
In addition, PHL 2167 requires that all students enrolled in six credit hours or more must either document immunization against meningococcal disease or sign a "Meningitis Response Form."
Mail or fax your immunization records to:
Health and Wellness Center
3690 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14618
Fax: (585) 385-8299
Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR)
To demonstrate proof of immunity, please submit the MMR Immunization Response form [pdf] OR you must provide one of the following:
- The official records (signed by physician) showing two measles, one rubella, and one mumps immunizations
- The official records (signed by physician) showing the dates and titers showing immunity
- Your official high school or college immunization records showing two measles, one rubella, and one mumps immunizations, or immune titers
To meet NYS requirements, you must have one of the following:
- If you have been vaccinated against meningitis, submit official documentation that you have received the meningitis vaccine
- If you have NOT been vaccinated against meningitis meningococcal disease, or are unsure if you are vaccinated, submit a completed Meningitis Response form [pdf]
Without proof of the above immunizations, you will have an immunization hold placed on your account restricting you from registering for classes, viewing your grades, and moving into residence halls. This hold will remain until all NYS mandated immunization requirements are met. In addition, if the NYS mandated immunization records are not turned in by 30 days after the start of classes, you will be removed from class. If you are withdrawn from your courses and wish to re-enroll, you will be required to pay a $300 reinstatement fee after you submit the required documentation.
Print Your Immunization Record
Students and alumni, you can now print your immunization records through Fish 'R' Net:
- Login to Fish 'R' Net.
- Go to the Student Services Menu.
- Click Student Records, Immunization Record.
- Print your record.
Call the Health and Wellness Center at (585) 385-8280 with any questions.